Return to Headlines(posted 4-17-17)
12 NSD Schools Receive Achievement Awards
BOTHELL — A dozen Northshore School District elementary schools have been recognized with Washington Achievement Awards by the Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI).
“These awards are a testament to the work of so many people who make the entire Northshore School District special, including our devoted staff, our hardworking students, our caring families, and our supportive community,” said Northshore Superintendent Michelle Reid. “Whatever their role, everybody is making a difference in the achievement of our amazing students in these and all of our Northshore schools.”
The 12 Northshore elementary schools receiving 2016 Washington Achievement Awards include:
- Arrowhead: Overall Excellence, Math Growth and English Language Arts Growth
- Bear Creek: Overall Excellence, High Progress and Math Growth
- East Ridge: Overall Excellence and High Progress
- Fernwood: High Progress
- Hollywood Hill: High Progress
- Lockwood: Overall Excellence, High Progress and Math Growth
- Maywood Hills: Math Growth
- Moorlands: High Progress
- Shelton View: Overall Excellence, High Progress, Math Growth and English Language Arts Growth
- Sunrise: Overall Excellence, High Progress, Math Growth and English Language Arts Growth
- Wellington: High Progress
- Woodmoor: Closing the Achievement Gap (Students with Disabilities)
All 280 statewide award-winning schools will be honored during a ceremony on May 3 at Olympic Middle School in Auburn School District.
According to OSPI, the awards use the Washington State Achievement Index and are based on statewide assessment data for the three previous years. The Achievement Index measures school performance, emphasizing improvement and recognition. Schools must have at least 95 percent participation on state tests to qualify for recognition.
Read more about the Washington Achievement Awards on OSPI’s website: http://www.k12.wa.us/EducationAwards/WashingtonAchievement/