High School Accelerated Programs

High school highly capable program services provide our most highly capable students the opportunity to engage in rigorous and challenging curriculum with their academic peers. Counselors work with students to advise them of opportunities for advanced learning, which may include honors programs, accelerated course placement, Advanced Placement classes, College in the High School, and Running Start. Other options, such as Career and Technical Education Programs may be offered at a specific high school. Students interested in these programs should contact their school counseling office for more information.

Advanced Placement (AP)

Advanced Placement (AP) classes prepare high school students for higher education with college-level curriculum and exams in various subjects. Students may also earn college credits. Consult the course catalog for your high school for details on AP class offerings.

Running Start

The Running Start program allows 11th and 12th grade students to take courses at community and technical colleges to receive college-level credits.

College in the High School

College in the High School is an opportunity for students to be concurrently enrolled in high school and college, earning high school and college credit in the same course offered on the high school campus. Costs to students vary with each institution.

International Baccalaureate (IB) Program

The IB Diploma Program at Inglemoor High School is open to all Northshore School District students as well as all area students who complete the waiver process. The IB Program at Inglemoor provides an opportunity for students to take classes that have all the rigor and expectations found in private school courses while allowing these students to take advantage of the diversity of activities and leadership positions available at a large comprehensive high school.  Students interested in the IB program should consult with their school counselor.