Fourth and fifth grade standards require the use of middle school math curriculum. This year, the Northshore School District is implementing a new middle school math curriculum.
Highly Capable Services
We are no longer accepting Permission to Participate forms for the 2020-21 school year. The due date was Oct. 25, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Welcome back, families! You may have noticed that our website looks a little different today. We hope that these changes make it easier to find the information you need this school year. We'll continue updating our website next week (and every week after that), but there's enough content to give you some reading material over the long weekend. Here's a quick overview of the new additions:
- Service Models: Here are descriptions of Northshore's Highly Capable programs.
- Eligibility Process: This is the much-awaited information regarding the 2019-2020 Highly Capable Eligibility Process for current Northshore students.
- Opt Out: Not interested in Highly Capable testing this year? By completing this form, we'll know that your family does not wish to participate in this year's Highly Capable Eligibility Process.
Website trouble? If you find any broken links, typos, or other website-related issues, report them here: Website Feedback.
Let's keep in touch. When our department needs to reach a large group of families at once, we use Northshore's mass notification system. To protect student privacy, we only use the contact information Northshore has on file. We don't want you to miss out on any updates, so this is a good time to make sure that Northshore has your correct contact information. You can do this in ParentVUE or by checking with the main office at your student's school.
We remain thankful for your partnership - looking forward to a great school year!
Highly Capable Department
Highly Capable Services are designed for students identified as advanced learners through cognitive and/or academic performance.
We provide services and offer programs for students whose needs are beyond the scope of the general education classroom. Our services are designed to provide a challenging, integrated, and enriched curriculum.
- Whole-child focus. Support for academic, creative, and social-emotional development fostering a growth mindset.
- Different work, not more work. Developing innovative, creative, and critical thinkers through access to advanced learning standards with appropriate depth and rigor.
- Not a one-size-fits-all. Highly Capable qualified students have diverse needs and unique challenges, in addition to high cognitive capability and/or academic achievement. Often this requires the collaboration of teams across programs to meet the needs of individual learners.
- Equitable access. Ability and talent are equally distributed, opportunity is not. All students, regardless of race, income, culture, special needs, or support program, have the potential to qualify for advanced learning services when given equitable opportunity with culturally and linguistically accessible instruments and an unbiased qualification system.
Director of Accelerated Models and Programs
Instructional Support Specialist
Instructional Support Specialist
3330 Monte Villa Parkway
Bothell, WA 98021
Please add email@example.com to your contacts so that you don't miss any communication!
Dr. Hertzog planned and facilitated a full day of professional development for teachers, K-12, of advanced learners.
As the Highly Capable Program continues its mission of creating an equitable identification process, we produced an analysis our 2017-18 eligibility process.