Information regarding waivers:

  • Steps to transfer out of Northshore School District
  • Steps to transfer into Northshore School District
  • Approved in-district waivers are current until the next level of schooling (e.g. elementary to middle school; middle school to high school). You will need to submit a new waiver if you are transitioning from 5th to 6th grade or 8th to 9th grade and do not want to attend your home school.
  • Out of district students must submit a new waiver every year. 
  • Enrollment projections dictate staffing and scheduling and your waiver request will remain pending until capacity issues have been addressed.
  • New Middle School and High School Waivers: You will need to register at your home school; unless you have an approved waiver. 
  • EAP/AAP program waivers will be reviewed the week of August 19th and families will be notified by August 26th.

Information regarding transportation for students on an approved waiver. 

Waiver acceptance dates have not Been finalized for the 2020-2021 school year, please check back at a later date.

We are taking all waivers for the 2019-2020 school year, please review (schools open or closed to waivers) prior to submitting.  We will begin accepting waivers for the 2020-2021 on the following dates:


In District Waivers

In District Waivers

(You live in the NSD service area but want your student to attend another school in our district)

-Grades 1-12 - TBD

-Kindergarten - TBD

Out of District Waivers

Out of District Waivers

(You live outside the NSD boundaries and would like your child to attend an NSD school)

- Grades 1-12 - TBD

- Kindergarten - TBD

Northshore School District Employees

NSD District Employees

1-12 - TBD

Kindergarten - TBD



Contact Us

Director of Student Services

Chris Bigelow

Student Services Specialist
Cathy Barela

Return signed and completed waiver:


Northshore School District
Attn: Student Services
3330 Monte Villa Parkway
Bothell, WA 98021  

FAX: 425-408-7729 

Waivers are too large to send via email, please send them electronically using this link: