Given the unique educational challenges in the 2020-21 school year, the 2.0 GPA minimum previous semester requirement for interscholastic eligibility is waived for 2021-22 school year. Students must meet all WIAA eligibility requirements.
If ineligibility is due to hardship, students may submit a Student Academic Appeals Packet.
Students must complete the following steps to participate in Division 1 or Division 2 athletics.
- Register for eligibility at www.eligibilitycenter.org and complete the amateurism questionnaire during sophomore year or at the beginning of junior year.
- Register to take the SAT and/or ACT. Use Eligibility Center code “9999” as a score recipient
- Double check to make sure that you are taking courses that match the approved core courses
- Request that your school counselor send an official transcript to the Eligibility Center after completion of your junior year.
- At the beginning of senior year, check with your school counselor and the Eligibility Center to determine the amount of core courses that need to be completed your senior year.
- Take the SAT and/or ACT again. The Eligibility Center will use the best scores from each section of the ACT or SAT to determine your best cumulative score.
- Continue to take college prep core courses.
- Check to make sure that you are taking courses that match the approved core courses.
- Review your amateurism questionnaire responses and request final amateurism certification beginning April 1 (for fall enrollees) or October 1 (for spring enrollees).
- Continue to earn the best grades possible.
- Graduate on time (in 8 academic semesters). After graduation, ask your school counselor to send your final transcript with proof of graduation.