Algebra Readiness FAQ
This page contains answers to commonly-asked questions about Algebra Readiness at Northshore School District. We regularly make additions to this page to reflect the needs of our parent community.
- Which students are screened for algebra readiness?
- What assessments are used to determine algebra readiness?
- When and where will the ITBS assessment be administered?
- What scores are needed for the ITBS and Smarter Balanced math assessments to be considered algebra ready?
- What if my student’s scores are close but do not meet the cut scores?
- How will families be notified?
- What do I do next if my students qualifies to be placed in Algebra 1 next year?
- What if my student does not qualify to be placed in Algebra next year?
- What resources are available to support my student who has qualified for placement in Algebra next year?
- What if my student qualified for both Highly Capable and Algebra Readiness?