Family Engagement and Community Resource Center Goals
DRAFT GOAL 1: Increase access and reduce barriers to Northshore resources.
Strategy 1: Coordinate and centralize translation and interpretation services across departments and in support of schools.
Strategy 2: Develop a clear referral process, similar to MTSS structure, for families needing additional supports that aren’t currently served by another department/categorical funding.
Strategy 3: Audit and document key Northshore resources that families are looking for (scholarships, educational pathways, choice programs) and distribute information in a culturally responsive manner.
DRAFT GOAL 2: Design and implement inclusive engagement models that center students and families furthest from educational justice.
- Strategy 1: Co-design with families, community, students, and school representatives a Community Engagement Toolkit.
- Toolkit will include: engagement models, tips, potential partners.
- Strategy 2: Train department and school-based staff on best practices in community engagement.
- In-person and online modules
- Strategy 3: Ensure our policies and superintendent procedures hold us accountable to best practices in community/public engagement.
- Strategy 4: Design and implement an ongoing District structure for community/public engagement that centers the voices of students and families furthest from educational justice.
DRAFT GOAL 3: Empower parents/families and educators to be authentic partners in the academic achievement of students.
- Strategy 1: Define expectations for family engagement (e.g., dual-capacity).
- Audit who is lead on family engagement at each school.
- Strategy 2: Integrate family engagement/partnership as a strategy to improve student academic success into our MTSS and REJ models/frameworks (if not already there).
- Strategy 3: Provide training and resources for educators and schools.
- Strategy 4: Explore options and co-design with families opportunities for leadership including Parent-Academic Teams, Parent-Teacher Conferences, Parent University, expansion of Natural Leaders.
DRAFT GOAL 4: Leverage the expertise of community organizations and leaders to meet the needs of students and families.
- Strategy 1: Audit community resources available to students and families in our region.
- Strategy 2: Distribute resource information via our website and point of care positions at school.
- Future: Partnership database, best practices in partnership alignment, joint training/planning
- Strategy 3: Implement networking and information sharing opportunities for community partners and leaders.
- Strategy 4: Encourage alignment to our strategic plan via MOUs, reduced facility use costs, professional development, and data sharing.