ParentSquare & StudentSquare
What are ParentSquare and StudentSquare?
ParentSquare (for families) and StudentSquare (for middle and high school students) is an easy-to-use communication tool that combines multiple communication streams into one interface for families, staff, and students.
Here’s what you can do with ParentSquare and StudentSquare this year.
- Receive information from the school via email, text, phone call, or mobile app notification
- Two-way messaging with translation between staff and families/students
- Choose to receive information as it comes, or all at once at 6 p.m. daily
- Communicate in your preferred language
How do ParentSquare and StudentSquare work?
ParentSquare and StudentSquare automatically generates an account for each parent and middle and high school student, using the primary email address and phone number you gave your school office (also the email used in ParentVUE).
If you do not remember the email address you used, please contact your school office and they can provide it. We encourage parents to access their accounts so they can download the mobile app and update their preferences on when and how they are notified.
How is my communication managed?
You can receive communication from the District, school, and classroom by email, text, phone call, app, or the ParentSquare website. To reduce the amount of messaging that you get each day, we have set the ParentSquare default to digest, which will collect all of the communication from the District, school, and classroom for your student into one message a day.
You can change your notification preferences, including your preferred language of communication, on your ParentSquare account page. See the Frequently Asked Questions below for directions.
- How do I opt-in to receive messages and notifications?
- How do I activate my ParentSquare account?
- My email address/phone number isn’t being recognized, and I think my contact information is incorrect. How do I update it?
- Can I access communications for more than one of my students from the same account?
- What are the differences between posts, alerts, and messages in ParentSquare?
- My email is correct in ParentVUE. Why am I not receiving emails?
- How do I change my password?
- Can I change the email and/or cell phone number on my account?
- I'd like to receive messages from ParentSquare in a different language than I am currently. How do I change my preferences?
- Does ParentSquare provide machine-translated or human-translated messages?
- I am getting too many messages from ParentSquare. Is it possible to receive fewer notifications?
- Is it possible to contact my child's teacher directly and privately?
- What is StudentSquare?
- How can secondary students get notifications about important information - including changes to the school schedule?