Racial and Educational Justice Committee
The Northshore School District’s Racial and Educational Justice Committee will meet throughout the academic year and act as an advisory committee to the Northshore School Board by providing support, guidance and information about issues related to equity, diversity and inclusion in our schools and programs.
The Racial and Educational Justice Committee will focus on the following:
- Promotion of inclusion and equity for all within our schools by examining issues of institutional equity and advising district staff on responses to incidents of bias and harassment
- Review and analysis of student performance, program participation and behavior data in order to form policy and/or procedural recommendations
- Development and oversight of implementation of the district’s Equity Strategic Plan
- Support in identifying, reviewing and implementing curricula, initiatives and efforts that best support students
- Support of Human Resources’ efforts and focus on hiring a more diverse workforce
- Review and recommendation of new and/or revised language to board policies to guide and support focus on equity/diversity throughout the district.
Chris Bigelow, Ed.D.
Executive Director of Racial and Educational Justice