The next general election day is November 7, 2023.
The Northshore School District encourages every eligible person to register to vote and participate fully in all elections.
To register to vote in the state of Washington, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Washington state
- At least 18 years old by election day
- Not under the authority of the Department of Corrections
Does Washington have same day registration? Since 2018, eligible voters have up until 8:00 p.m. on an election day to register to vote at a voting center or county elections department (RCW 29A.08.140). The deadline for registration by mail or online is eight days prior to an election.
Registered voters will receive their ballot in the mail. You can return your ballot by mail or by placing it in a drop box.
- ✉️ Returning by Mail: Ballots must be postmarked by election day. No stamp is required. It is recommended that you mail your ballot the Friday before election day to ensure your ballot is postmarked in time.
- 🗳️ Returning by Drop Box: Ballots must be returned before 8:00 p.m. on election day.
Track your ballot to make sure it is counted or learn how to print a replacement ballot if yours is lost.