Cameras continue to be installed across the District to improve safety for students and staff.
Capital Projects Bond
To ensure students have space for success in our growing district, Northshore asked voters to consider a $275 million capital projects bond. The district uses bonds to build schools and major additions, which are not covered by the state budget.
This bond was designed by the Capital Bond Planning Task Force to help ease overcrowding now, while also planning for the future growth of the district. Capital Bond Planning Task Force work is underway to plan for a future ballot measure.
Thanks to voter's approval on Feb. 13, 2018, the bond is funding the following:
- Safety and security upgrades at every school in the District
- A new K-5 school near Maltby: Ruby Bridges Elementary
- 30 additional classrooms at the Skyview Middle School and Canyon Creek Elementary School campus
- District performing arts and instructional building located at Inglemoor High School, ensuring accessibility and equity among high schools
- Maintenance and operations upgrades at many schools
- Improved outdoor instructional spaces
Visit our Construction & Building Improvements page to follow the progress.
The capital project helps support Strategic Plan goals of:
- Success in the early years
- Responsible, resilient, empathetic learners
- Innovative, creative, critical thinkers
- Ready for lifelong success after graduation
- Growth for every student, elimination of outcome and opportunity gaps
The interior of the Northshore Concert Hall located at Inglemoor High School continues to transform.
This summer the network wiring at Kokanee and Crystal Springs elementaries is being upgraded, which will increase the network speeds, expand wireless coverage areas, and improve reliability for students and staff.
The project team at the Northshore Concert Hall at Inglemoor High School has made significant progress both inside and outside of the building throughout the month.
Work for this summer’s heating boiler replacement project at Bothell High School will begin in early July.
Phase III of the Energy Services Company (ESCO) project at Lockwood is underway.
If you have additional questions regarding the bond or levies, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.