The Northshore School District, a high performing public school system, serving the Washington state communities of Bothell, Kenmore, and Woodinville, is seeking to hire an experienced, equity-focused leader as its Superintendent for the 2023-24 school year.
With a mission to strengthen community through excellence in education, the Northshore School District serves more than 22,000 students in 36 schools and programs. The District is located just northeast of Seattle, spanning 60 square miles across two counties, in a fast-growing and highly desirable area for families and businesses.
The Northshore School Board is seeking a Superintendent with strong leadership skills to continue the equity-focused work of the district and implementation of the district’s bold, five-year strategic plan
The Superintendent will be expected to continue and strengthen Northshore’s tradition of engaging and collaborating with its diverse community to ensure that student, staff, family, and community voice informs the District’s work. The successful candidate will have a commitment to racial and educational justice, continuing Northshore’s focus on increasing and retaining staff of color, removing barriers to access, expanding student opportunities in the classroom and at schools, and the academic success and wellbeing of each and every student.
The School Board prefers a candidate with superintendency experience or executive level experience at a large district. The base salary will be $300,000 plus, in addition to a benefit package. The final salary will be determined based upon the candidate’s experience and alignment with the Board’s top valued traits show below:
Superintendent Desired Traits
- Is an effective communicator, creating and sustaining strong school and community relations
- Is accountable and responsible for his/her/their actions
- Is a trusted Leader who values ethics and integrity, by practicing moral authority
- Demonstrates transparency by sharing the organization’s goals and challenges to promote staff engagement
- Leads by example through honest practices
- Provides sustained, systemic, and evidence-based interventions to obtain equitable access to learning for ALL students
- Empowers others by promoting team strengths and a student-first approach
- Makes strategic, high-quality decisions with a big-picture lens, while managing district resources continuously
- Builds strong diverse teams and promotes teamwork for the success of all
Interested candidates may apply online at https://www.grrecruiting.com/
Lead Consultant: Dr. Rob MacGregor
Consultant: Dr. Jim Hager Consultant: Carla Santorno
Application deadline: February 6, 2023 - Please do not contact the Board or District directly