Interim Superintendent Search Announcement
The Northshore School District, serving the Washington state communities of Bothell, Kenmore, and Woodinville, as well as areas of Brier and Redmond, is seeking to hire an experienced, equity-focused leader as its Interim Superintendent for the 2022-23 school year.
With a mission to strengthen community through excellence in education, the Northshore School District serves more than 23,000 students in 35 schools and programs. The District is located just east of Seattle, spanning 60 square miles and two counties in a fast-growing and highly desirable area for families and businesses.
The Northshore School Board is seeking an Interim Superintendent with strong leadership skills to continue the equity-focused work of outgoing Superintendent Dr. Michelle Reid, who led the district for the past six years. The School Board is planning a more comprehensive superintendent search process in the fall but wants to make sure an interim is in place to continue serving Northshore’s students, families, and staff during the next year.
The Interim Superintendent will be expected to continue Northshore’s tradition of engaging and collaborating with the community to ensure that student, staff, family, and community voice informs the District’s work of continually improving the educational experience for each and every student. The successful candidate will have a commitment to equity and justice, continue Northshore’s focus on increasing and retaining staff of color, remove barriers to access, expand opportunities in the classroom and at schools, and build on the work of Northshore’s bold strategic plan.
Notable highlights about Northshore School District:
- Northshore students are high achieving, outperforming the state average on graduation rate, the SAT and ACT. Students also have access to robust extracurriculars in every school.
- Northshore celebrates its diverse student population and is committed to supporting the unique needs of every student and helping them to succeed.
- Northshore educators are experienced, with an average of about 13 years in the classroom, and more than 73 percent hold a Master’s degree.
- The district has solid community support, having just approved two educational levies and one capital construction bond in February. The bond, which needed 60 percent approval from the community, will help the district continue to meet growth and support the district’s commitment to equity and excellence for years to come.
- The School Board prefers a candidate with superintendency experience or executive level experience at a large district. The base salary and benefit package will be competitive with similar sized school districts' Superintendent compensation within the region. The final salary will be determined based upon the candidate’s experience and meeting the board’s profile. For more information on Northshore School District, visit https://www.nsd.org/
Interested candidates may apply online at: GRRecruiting.com
Lead Consultant: Dr. Jim Hager email@example.com
May 19, 2022
Please do not contact the Board or District directly.