The Northshore School District, a high performing public school system, serving the Washington state communities of Bothell, Kenmore, Woodinville, and surrounding areas, is seeking to hire an experienced, equity-focused leader as its Superintendent for the 2023-24 school year.
With a mission to strengthen community through excellence in education, the Northshore School District serves more than 22,000 students in 36 schools and programs. The District is located just northeast of Seattle, spanning 60 square miles and two counties in a fast-growing and highly desirable area for families and businesses.
Notable highlights about Northshore School District:
- Northshore has just renewed a bold, five-year strategic plan focused on ensuring racial and educational justice.
- Northshore students are high achieving, outperforming the state average on graduation rate, the SAT, and ACT. Students also have access to robust extracurriculars in every school.
- Northshore is a language-rich District, serving students that speak over 100 languages and dialects.
- Northshore celebrates its diverse student population and is committed to supporting the unique needs of every student and helping them to succeed.
- Northshore educators are experienced, with an average of about 13 years in the classroom, and more than 73 percent hold a Master’s degree.
- The district has solid community support, having just approved two educational levies and one capital construction bond in February 2022. The bond, which needed 60 percent approval from the community, will help the district continue to meet growth and support the district’s commitment to equity and excellence for years to come.