Skyview & Canyon Creek Expansion
The Skyview Middle School and Canyon Creek Elementary flexible use building will add 30 classrooms to the combined campus. The new building is situated across both campuses and is designed for elementary use on the second floor and middle school use on the first floor. The expansion project also includes renovations and improvements to existing campus buildings. The Canyon Creek gym is undergoing a much needed expansion, as is the Skyview kitchen and cafeteria.
Additionally, two new health/gym rooms and a covered outdoor area are being added at Skyview Middle and new outdoor play structures will be added at Canyon Creek. Improved parking access, bus circulation, and parent pick-up/drop-off for both campuses is also a focus of the project.
- Budget: $50 million
- Funded by: 2018 Bond
- Est. Completion: Fall 2020
- Architect: BLRB Architects
- Contractor: Cornerstone
The Skyview Middle School and Canyon Creek Elementary School Expansion Project implemented a number of sustainable features that were included in the building design to support the District’s commitment to reducing its carbon footprint.
- Use of state-of-the-art “smart lighting,” by way of Power over Ethernet (POE) lighting, giving the user complete control for desired lighting quality, lower energy bills, and substantially lengthening bulb life
- Energy-efficient HVAC systems to provide quieter learning environments and increase indoor air quality
- Enhanced building envelope through efficient insulation and windows for temperature control, as well as reduced energy costs
- Electrical plug load management with sweeping shut-oﬀ to save energy
- Use of stormwater detention to manage stormwater runoff
- Low flow plumbing fixtures to save water usage