Ruby Bridges Elementary
We built a brand new elementary school! The new K-5 elementary school is located on Maltby Road, close to Little Bear Creek Road. The school serves approximately 500 students.
- Budget: $80 million
- Funded by: 2018 Bond
- Est. Completion: Fall 2020
- Architect: Dykeman Architecture
- Contractor: Cornerstone GCI
- Approximately 76,000 square feet
- 34 classrooms
- Fully inclusive playground
- Turf playfield
Ruby Bridges has a number of sustainable features that were included in the building design to support the District’s commitment to reducing its carbon footprint.
- Use of geothermal wells and ground source heat pumps as both heating and cooling source
- Material reuse – trees grown onsite were used in building elements like window seats, benches and column wraps
- Enhanced building envelope – through efficient insulation and windows for temperature control, as well as reduced energy costs
- Electrical plug load management with sweeping shut-oﬀ to save energy
- Use of stormwater detention to manage stormwater runoff
- Low flow plumbing fixtures to save water usage
- Large Onsite Septic System (LOSS) reduces water use
The attendance area for Ruby Bridges Elementary includes addresses that were previously assigned to Canyon Creek, Fernwood, and Kokanee.
Cathi Davis most recently served as co-principal at Kokanee Elementary. She led Kokanee for nearly seven years and fostered a safe, caring, and inclusive environment in a building of nearly 800 students.