Ruby Bridges Elementary
We built a brand new elementary school! The new K-5 elementary school is located on Maltby Road, close to Little Bear Creek Road. The school serves approximately 500 students.
- Approximately 76,000 square feet
- 34 classrooms
- Fully inclusive playground
- Turf playfield
- Use of geothermal wells and ground source heat pumps as both heating and cooling source
- Material reuse – trees grown onsite were used in building elements like window seats, benches and column wraps
- Enhanced building envelope – through efficient insulation and windows for temperature control, as well as reduced energy costs
- Electrical plug load management with sweeping shut-oﬀ to save energy
- Use of stormwater detention to manage stormwater runoff
- Low flow plumbing fixtures to save water usage
- Large Onsite Septic System (LOSS) reduces water use
Cathi Davis most recently served as co-principal at Kokanee Elementary. She led Kokanee for nearly seven years and fostered a safe, caring and inclusive environment in a building of nearly 800 students.