Sorenson Early Childhood Center
Serving preschool and early learning students, Sorenson’s growth project will address a number of needs, including site circulation and adding a fully accessible and inclusive playground, to support student learning.
- Budget: $12 million
- Funded by: 2022 Capital Bond
- Est. Completion: TBD
- Design-Build Team: NAC Architecture and Abbott Construction
February 2022: Voters approve the Capital Bond
November 2022: Progressive design builder team of NAC and Abbott Construction selected
- January and February: Community engagement on building needs. View the recording of a virtual session.
The overarching goal of this project is to address district growth and reduce portables, improve building conditions, and improve the health and safety of the learning environment. Many decisions about the direction of the Sorenson expansion project will be made in 2023 with input from the community. We will evaluate the building needs in order to prioritize the work that can be included in this expansion project. Northshore previously established the following priorities:
Reducing the number of portables and building additional permanent classrooms.
Improve building conditions by modernizing the lighting using sustainable solutions.
Install a fully accessible and inclusive playground.
Improve administration area supervision of students.
Improve site circulation.
Connect With Us
- Complete our Comment Form
- Email Us at 2022BondProjects@nsd.org
- Visit the Sorenson Early Childhood Center website