Kenmore Elementary School
Serving nearly 400 students, Kenmore Elementary’s growth project will address a number of needs, including site circulation and adding a fully accessible and inclusive playground, to support student learning.
- Budget: $30.75 million
- Funded by: 2022 Capital Bond
- Est. Completion: TBD
- Design-Build Team: Lease Crutcher Lewis (contractor) and Mithun (architect)
- February 2022: Voters approve the Capital Bond
- November 2022: Selection of progressive design builder team begins
- January-February 2023: Design-build team of Lease Crutcher Lewis and Mithun selected
Virtual Community Open House on Monday, March 20 from 6-7 p.m. via Zoom (https://nsd.zoom.us/j/86781926202)
Community Open House on Tuesday, March 21, 2023 from 6-7 p.m. at Kenmore Elementary
The overarching goal of this project is to address district growth and reduce portables, improve building conditions, and improve the health and safety of the learning environment. Many decisions about the direction of the Kenmore Elementary modernization project will be made in 2023 with input from the community. We will evaluate the building needs in order to prioritize the work that can be included in this expansion project. Northshore previously established the following priorities:
Reducing the number of portables and building additional permanent classrooms.
Improve building conditions by building a new central plant, using sustainable solutions.
Replace the gym and playfields, and install a fully accessible and inclusive playground.
Replace restrooms and add gender-inclusive restrooms to provide greater supervision and increase student safety.
Improve bus circulation and provide interior circulation.
Reorganize building entry and administration area.
Connect With Us
- Complete our Comment Form
- Email us at 2022BondProjects@nsd.org
- Visit the Kenmore Elementary website