Surplus ~ an amount of something left over when requirements have been met; an excess of supply over demand, more than what is needed or used; excess. Items that are not used by the building at that time
Surplus forms are electronic and must be completely filled out to include:
- # of boxes and/or Quantity
- Serial # or barcode number
- Condition of the surplus items.
1. Email or have your Principal/Director put their signature on it for approval
2. Email the filled out form with the signature of the Principal/Director to firstname.lastname@example.org in Purchasing for finial approval.
All surplus must obtain Purchasing approval before it can be picked up. Purchasing will email the warehouse the signed copy.
A copy of the filled out Surplus form must be attached to the item(s) before they can be taken to the warehouse.
All boxes taped on top & bottom to prevent spillage. No boxes to weigh in excess of 40#.
Cartons weighing in excess of 40# at the time of pick up will be left to have your building redistributed into lighter cartons and left for your next scheduled pick up.
Please have all surplus in one location and noted on the surplus forms for your pickup day. If the location changes please email the warehouse of the change at email@example.com.
All surplus forms need to be at the warehouse 2 weeks prior to your locations pickup date.
Please plan ahead to coordinate this time with purchasing approval.
To view pick up schedules for current 21/22 school year click HERE.
Please contact your locations STS or Technology support for all tech items needing surplussed.
- All Furniture, equipment and/or materials.
- Library Books
- Books need to be listed on the form as Library BOOKS. Please have the total number of boxes only.
- Students wishing to purchase texts shall have priority. A specific time will be allotted for students, prior to a sale to the general public.
- Secure Shred is not Surplus
- Secure materials to be shredded need to be boxed and taped, then marked Secure Shred and sent through your schools mail service. No form is needed.
For information about returning instructional materials, refer to the Staff Toolbox