Flexible Spending Accounts
Effective January 1, 2020 the School Employees Benefits Board (SEBB) Program will offer the Flexible Spending Arrangement plan for eligible employees of all school districts, educational service districts (ESDs), and charter schools in Washington state. Navia Benefit Solutions has been chosen as the administrator of the new SEBB Program FSA plan.
Below is important information about this transition to SEBB, how it impacts your current FSA enrollment, and your upcoming enrollment for next year. Click here to view the Navia Plan Amendment
Changes to current enrollment
- · Your existing Medical FSA enrollment will no longer include the $500 carryover feature. You must incur all eligible expenses by the last day of your current plan year, December 31st, 2019.
- · Navia will still administer the 90-day claims run-out period through March 31st, 2020. Any balance left in your Medical FSA after this date will be forfeited. No funds will carry over into the next plan year.
- · Your existing Navia debit cards will no longer work as of the last day of your current plan year December 31st, 2019.
Upcoming enrollment in the SEBB plan
- · Employee enrollment for the 2020 SEBB Program Medical FSA and DCAP will be through Navia’s online portal during the first annual open enrollment, October 1 through November 15.
- · During the first annual open enrollment, October 1 through November 15, you must register a new account at www.naviabenefits.com and you will receive a new debit card.
- · The SEBB Program Medical FSA and DCAP will run on a calendar plan year (January 1 through December 31) and include a $240 minimum annual election.
- · This plan does not include the option to enroll in a Limited Medical FSA.