Affirmative Action Plan
Northshore School District No. 417 is committed to non-discrimination and to an Affirmative Action Plan. The district also recognizes that equal employment opportunity is an indicator of excellence in education.
It is our belief that all employment practices must be administered to enhance fair and equal treatment without regard to:
- age, sex, marital status, or genetic information
- sexual orientation including gender expression or identity
- race, creed, religion, color, national origin
- honorably discharged veteran or military status
- the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability
- the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, unless based upon a bona fide occupational qualification
It is the district's ongoing priority to employ individuals who represent diverse talents, contributions, abilities and experiences representative of our society.
The Affirmative Action Plan is intended to be a comprehensive effort by the district to set goals to hire members of protected classes in all employment areas; to identify any barriers in the human resources management system which may limit the ability of applicants and employees to reach their full potential, and to analyze the effectiveness of the District's efforts in this area.
It is recognized that for this plan to be effective, continuous revision will be necessary. Each year progress will be reviewed and new goals will be identified and revised for the following year.