Capital Facilities Plan
Northshore School District submits an updated, annual, Capital Facilities Plan in accordance with RCW 36.70A, Washington State Growth Management Act, the codes of King and Snohomish Counties, and the cities of Bothell, Brier, Kenmore, Kirkland and Woodinville. The 2021 Capital Facilities Plan covers a required six-year planning period and its purpose is to provide these jurisdictions with a snapshot of projected student enrollment and school capacities over the required six-year planning period of 2021-2027 to determine whether future school facilities may be needed to accommodate growth from new development. If eligible, the plan also includes potential projects to address school capacity deficits and school impact fee calculations. The plan is updated annually and submitted to jurisdictions as a basis for adoption and collection of school impact fees.
Required elements to be included in the annual Capital Facilities Plan are:
- Future enrollment forecasts for each grade span (elementary, middle and high school).
- An inventory of existing capital facilities owned by the District, showing the locations and capacities of those facilities.
- A forecast of the future needs for capital facilities and the proposed capacities of expanded or new capital facilities.
- A six-year plan for estimated financing of capital facilities within projected funding capacities which identifies sources of public money for such purposes.
- A calculation of school impact fees to be assessed pursuant to RCW 82.02.
The 2021 Capital Facilities Plan was approved by the School Board at its June 28, 2021 regular meeting.