Message to Frank Love Families: Closed March 2

I want to share with you that the situation with the COVID-19 coronavirus is rapidly evolving. Last week, we were aware of one confirmed coronavirus case. Now, just three days later, there are 13 confirmed cases across both King and Snohomish counties, sadly including two deaths in King County.

It has come to my attention today that a Frank Love staff member with flu-like symptoms is being tested for the COVID-19 coronavirus and has been directed to self-quarantine. Out of an abundance of caution, I have ordered Frank Love to be closed tomorrow, Monday, March 2 to allow our support services staff time to disinfect the entire school and hopefully, time for me to receive the aforementioned test results.  As you know, we closed Bothell High School last week due to a possible exposure to the coronavirus. Closing Frank Love is the prudent thing to do when we are considering the health of our students and staff as well as our entire community. At this time, we are in the process of contacting the families of students, staff and visitors that the staff member came into contact with while at school.   

Meanwhile, we have been working over the weekend to ensure that we are planning appropriate precautionary steps as we address this health and safety challenge. To that end, you will receive another email this evening along with the rest of our district that outlines what the next couple of days will look like and how you can stay informed on what we are planning  in an attempt to stay in front of this issue as best as possible.

Please be assured that we will continue to work with individual families who seek guidance and those who express concerns. What we are able to provide is the latest information that comes from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the State Department, the World Health Organization and the Washington State Department of Health.

In closing, I want to assure you that we weighed the information we have at hand, and we believe we have made the best possible decision for our students, staff and families.  We will continue to monitor the situation and update you as we have more information. 

If you have any questions, please email  and we will try to answer them as quickly as possible.

Warmest regards,
Michelle Reid, Ed.D.


All Messages