We heard from many parents/guardians, students and teachers who wanted a single, easy location for classes. Schoology is our new learning management system. This tool provides students, parents/guardians and teachers a way to engage with learning materials from home, in the classroom and beyond. Families will be able to access course materials, grades, calendars and more! Invitations to create Schoology accounts will be emailed the week of August 24.
Schoology will have widespread uses among subjects, supporting both distance and in-person learning, and will have enduring use beyond the 2020-21 school year.
We’d like to take a moment and invite you to join our Schoology community. As a parent in Schoology, you will have access to the following:
- The classes your child is enrolled in
- Your child’s assignments and all digital work
- School and class announcements
To get started with your Schoology account:
- Navigate to https://schoology.com.
- Click Log in.
- Click Forgot your password.
- Enter the email address associated with your Northshore account (the email that receives district communication, emergency messages, etc).
- Click Send My Login Info.
- Check your email again for a Schoology email with a link to reset your password.
- Follow the prompts to set a new password and get logged into your account.
Once your Schoology account has been created, we recommend that you take a few moments to do the following:
- Setup your Profile
- Configure your Notifications
- Review your Account Settings
- Verify your Privacy Settings
Last week, we sent emails to families with instructions for how to login to Clever, which is our district’s new dashboard for connecting to district technology systems. After your account in Schoology has been activated, you will always log into your Clever account at https://family.nsd.org.
If you have any issues with your accounts in Schoology or Clever, please contact the Family Tech Support line at 425-408-7669.