Screening for COVID-19
Review the following questions daily and STAY HOME if the answer is “YES” to any of them.
- Have you had any of the following symptoms (not caused by another condition) within the past 24 hours? If you are returning from a break or a new student or staff, have you had the following symptoms in the past 3 days?
- Fever of 100.4°F or 38°C or higher
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Other signs of new illness that are unrelated to a preexisting condition (such as seasonal allergies)
- Have you been in close contact* with anyone with confirmed COVID-19?
- Have you had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 10 days?
- Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19?
*Close Contact includes anyone in one or more of the following categories:
- Been within 6 feet (2 meters) of a person with COVID-19 for a combined total of 15 minutes or more within a 24-hour period
- Live in the same household as a person with COVID-19
- Cared for a person with COVID-19
- Been in direct contact with saliva or other body secretions from a person with COVID-19 (for example: been coughed on, kissed, shared utensils, etc.)
If you answer YES to any of these questions, stay home and contact your school.