When students return, parents/guardians must evaluate and screen their child for symptoms of illness and complete the online Health Check each day PRIOR to sending their child to the bus stop or school. Student Health Checks will not be done on the bus or at the bus stop. Please wear a face mask and maintain physical distance to increase safety. Limit wait time at the bus stop to 5 minutes before bus arrival time.
- Each bus transporting students will carry a small PPE packet (extra disposable face masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, and gloves).
- The driver will properly wear a face mask anytime a passenger is on the bus.
- The front seat closest to the driver will remain empty.
- The number of passengers riding a bus will be reduced as students are divided into groups and attend school on different days.
- Students will wear a mask and may have an assigned seat (based on the route). Students should sit alone or will share a seat with a sibling/household member. If more space is needed, students may sit with members of their grade level or cohort. Once multiple grade levels have returned, the bus seating will accommodate younger students in the front half of the bus with older students sitting towards the back.
- The driver will add a face shield when needed or when a group of students are loading and unloading the bus or wear a KN95 mask when positioning a wheelchair.
- At the school, the driver will remind students to remain seated. The seat closest to the front door will exit first followed by the next seat taking turns unloading until all students are off the bus.
- Students should remember to maintain a physical distance when entering and exiting the bus.
- Windows and roof hatches will remain slightly open to increase ventilation including airing out the bus between shifts.
- Students should dress warmly as several windows will be lowered and roof hatches will be slightly open to provide ventilation and increase air circulation.
- The driver’s window remains closed while the bus is in motion and if possible, defrost fans turned on and facing towards the driver to keep air flowing past the driver’s area.
- After each run, the driver will wipe down high touch surfaces (handrail, seat tops and securement equipment, etc.) with a disposable disinfectant wipe.
- Upon return to base, the driver will clean the bus, wiping all touch surfaces including the driver's area.
- At the end of the day, the driver will clean the inside of the bus, including the driver’s area (clean handles, steering wheel, key, control panel, radio knobs, etc. with disinfectant wipes).
- Route buses will be sprayed down with a disinfectant wand in the evening.