As our schools begin preparing for the 2024-25 school year, the District would like to make sure all families know about the school options available for secondary students. Students are automatically enrolled in their neighborhood school based on their home address. However, in addition to excellent neighborhood schools, Northshore offers a variety of choice schools and programs. A choice school or program may be exactly what your student needs to thrive academically and socially at school. Each choice school and program has a separate application process.
Choice school and program applications for the 2024-25 school year will open on January 22, 2024 for all students. Learn more about choice schools and programs below:
Innovation Lab High School (serving grades 9-12)
If your student is interested in experiencing a learning environment focused on tackling real-world problems, that gives students the opportunity to master critical 21st century skills, and that challenges every student to find meaningful ways to demonstrate and apply their learning, then Innovation Lab High School may be the place for them. The school’s emphasis on student voice and community fosters a sense of agency and belonging for each student. ILHS’ rigorous, mastery-based learning prepared its inaugural class of 2023 graduates well for their next steps, with more than two-thirds of graduates pursuing higher education and the rest entering the workforce.
How can you learn more?
- Attend an in-person information night on Tuesday, Jan. 23 (English) or Thursday, Jan. 25 (Spanish) at 6:30 p.m. at Innovation Lab High School, 2020 224th St. SE, Bothell.
- Sign up to take a tour of the school.
- Check out these videos from the staff at ILHS.
- ILHS is visiting middle schools to share directly with students. Head over to ILHS’ website for a complete list of dates.
- Visit ILHS’ enrollment website for more details.
Northshore Learning Options (program grades range, see below)
If your student is interested in an alternative learning environment that gives families the opportunity to be part of their students’ daily learning experience, you may want to consider learning more about the programs that are part of Northshore Learning Options, currently housed on the Bear Creek Campus.
Northshore Networks (serving grades 7-12)
Northshore Networks offers individualized, customized, and independent learning for Northshore students and families as an alternative to the traditional learning environment. In our program, consulting teachers are skilled in customizing curriculum to match student learning styles and personal needs, and weekly classes coupled with independent study provides students flexibility in reaching their academic goals.
Northshore Family Partnership (serving grades K-8)
At Northshore Family Partnership, families are the facilitators of their student’s learning with guidance from a certificated teacher. On-site enrichment classes can supplement home-based learning, with families having access to a number of available resources and curricula. For any family that is considering being their student’s primary educator, NFP offers families a collaborative partnership with teachers as they create a learning environment that nurtures peer interactions while participating in meaningful, real-world learning experiences.
Northshore Online Academy (serving grades 1-12)
Northshore Online Academy provides an online learning format for students that is coordinated and taught by certificated mentor teachers and in conjunction with Imagine Edgenuity software for secondary students. Online meetings with the student’s mentor teacher take place weekly, and supplementary study halls, online academic study groups, and online social activities are also available to support this mastery-based learning experience.
How can you learn more?
- The following Information Nights will take place for Northshore Family Partnership:
- Thursday, February, 9 from 6-7 p.m. in the Bear Creek library, 18101 Avondale Road NE, Woodinville.
- Tuesday, February 27 from 6-7 p.m. in the Bear Creek library (Note: This session is focused on Kindergarten.)
- Tuesday, March 19 from 6-7 p.m. in the Bear Creek library
- Watch recent videos from past sessions about:
- Visit Northshore Learning Options’ enrollment website for more details.
Enrollment for choice schools and programs opens on Jan. 22. All students who will be new to Northshore School District in 2024-25 can already enroll online through the District’s enrollment website.