Technology Advisory Committee
The Technology Advisory Committee (TAC) analyzes data, information and research regarding the District’s technology needs to determine a set of recommendations to the School Board for referral to voters.
The TAC typically meets twice each month leading up to the recommendations. All meetings will be held from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. There may be a minimal amount of outside reading in order to prepare for several of the meetings.
- March 9, 2021
- March 23, 2021
- April 13, 2021
- April 27, 2021
- May 11, 2021
- May 25, 2021
- June 8, 2021
- June 22, 2021
TAC membership includes community members, staff, parents, guardians, administrators and students representing all regions of Northshore School District boundaries. Committee members will be selected from those who apply based on achieving representation of the diversity in our community; a wide range of experience, perspective and geographic locations, as well as a commitment to attend all meetings.
Residence within Northshore School District is a requirement. Please note that personal expertise in using technology or working in a technology field is not a requirement. An interest in how technology can contribute to the learning environment for students and aid in the district’s mission would be beneficial. Additional backgrounds and experience that are helpful for the TAC include, but are not limited to:
- Willingness to contribute positively to discussions and recommendations
- Global perspective on the range of needs and abilities of K-12 students
- Interest in modern technologies and their role in student learning and district operations
- Experience serving on committees requiring the ability to build consensus on complex topics
- Ability to absorb complex information and objectively prioritize needs within a confined budget
- Growth and innovation mindset for learning environments
- Effective listening skills and openness to all perspectives
- Ability to compromise and build consensus
- Commitment to attend all committee meetings
Parents, guardians, students and community members are appointed by the Superintendent through an application process. Typically, the composition of the committee is:
- 15 staff members (teachers, administrators, support personnel)
- 10 community members
- 3 students
We are accepting applications from parents, guardians, community members and high school students who reside in the District as of Feb. 9, 2021. If you are interested in participating in this task force, complete this application by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 19, 2021.
- Applications open: Feb. 9 - 19, 2021
- Application interviews: Feb. 22 - March 1, 2021
- Selection and appointment of community members: March 2, 2021
Executive Director of Technology