Strategic Planning 2016-17
The Strategic Planning process is designed to help set Northshore’s course for the next three to five years. The process brings the community together to help define clear strategic goals, determine how to measure them, and identify instructional techniques that will bring them to life in the classroom.
In Northshore’s Strategic Planning process, every voice is welcomed and integrated. Examples:
- A representative group of students from elementary to high school share their thoughts on the direction of the district in Student Voice sessions.
- An Alignment Team of leaders from local government organizations, universities and community groups also provides feedback.
- Teachers and staff consider strategies as an Instructional Focus Team.
- And a series of Community Forums allow any parent or resident to contribute to the process. All are welcome!
Key to the process is the Core Planning team, comprising district leadership, principals, teachers, parents, students and community members. They meet regularly to continue to refine the goals and outcomes, means of measurement, and implementation strategies.
The outcome of this process should be a clear and measurable Strategic Plan for Northshore schools to share with the community at the end of the 2016-17 school year.
Strategic Planning Community Forums
Three community forums were held for participants to learn more about the Strategic Planning process and engage in small groups to define district priorities. All were welcome: from parents, to retirees, to students – anybody of any age or background with an interest in education and the school district.
The community forums were held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Jan. 30, Woodinville High School library
- Jan. 31, Bothell High School library
- Feb. 1, Inglemoor High School library
We are excited for the Strategic Plan to help lead us together with confidence into the future!