Secondary Sports Task Force
The Secondary Sports Task Force (SSTF) was created in 2012. Its original mission was to:
- Analyze the past two seasons of high school football and upcoming high school basketball season to determine positives/challenges of these two sports being high school only sports for 9th-graders
- Determine next steps and potential transition plan for junior high sports
- Submit the transition plan to the School Board for review in March/April 2013
- Review Title IX compliance
The task force developed a four-year transition plan, using the following criteria to make the decision of when each sport would move to the high school:
- Cost (addition of coaches, uniforms, transportation)
- Facilities (are there enough fields, courts and gym space to make the move)
- Ease of transition to the high school
The task force only makes recommendations, it does not make decisions. It consists of 12 members. The parent/community members are appointed by the superintendent through an application process.
The SSTF meets three times a year, once during each sports season.
|Chris Bigelow||Heather Miller||Vicki Sherwood||Lance Gatter|
|Russell Monsef||Bret Geller||Yonni Mills||Derek Tucci|
|Terry Agnew||David Brook||Ken Hungerford||David Allemeier|