K-12 Math Curriculum Committee
The K-12 Math Curriculum Committee will be responsible for recommending to the superintendent a math trajectory that promotes Career and College Readiness for all students. The recommendation will include an equitable system to improve the effectiveness and responsiveness of the K-12 Math experience for students.
- Identify best practice math instructional strategies for implementation;
- Determine recommendations for curriculum and grade-level placement for identified math curriculum topics in anticipation of expected State Board of Education rule revisions or any graduation requirement revisions;
- Review scope and sequence expectations as well as supplemental materials to support math curriculum interventions for both at-risk and Highly Capable students, and recommend necessary revisions;
- Review and recommend grade-level assessments attentive to current and relevant math standards as well as Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate expectations.
The committee is expected to deliver an interim report to the Superintendent by May 6, 2017, with a final summary of the work and recommendations in the following year.
Once per month, likely late afternoon or early evening, beginning in January 2017; location TBD
The committee will comprise Northshore School District parents, teachers and administrators. Committee members will be selected based on achieving a diverse representation of our community and a wide range of experiences, perspectives and geographic locations. Selection will also depend on availability to attend all meetings.
Residence within Northshore School District is a requirement. Backgrounds and experience that are helpful include, but are not limited to:
- Experience serving on committees requiring the ability to build consensus on complex topics.
- Awareness of, or willingness to accept, concepts for 21st Century Learning.
- Effective listening skills and openness for all perspectives.
Composition of Committee
- 6 parents
- 6 teachers
- 3 administrators
- 2 school counselors
- Highly Capable TOSA (Teacher on Special Assignment); Math TOSA
- Special Education representative
Application Timeline for Parent Membership
- Applications open: Nov. 21, 2016 – Dec. 12, 2016
- Selection and appointment of community members: Dec. 12-16, 2016