Financial Advisory Committee
The Northshore School District Finance committee was established in 2018. The volunteers on the committee advise the District Superintendent in accordance with Northshore School Board Policy P-12, Financial Administration, Policy 5 (which states a “Finance Committee that substantially includes diverse representation from a variety of stakeholder groups”). The formation of a committee is also consistent with Building Block 4 of the District strategic plan, (“Data informed, needs based resource allocation”).
- Learn about the financial and related matters of the District for the purpose of providing advise to the Superintendent on financial and business matters.
- Explore and evaluate issues and needs of the District relative to fiscal affairs.
- Understand the systems and processes currently in place to address the fiscal needs of the District.
- Understand both the short-term and long-term financial plans and planning of the District.
- Work to further the goals and strategies identified in the District’s most currently adopte Strategic Plan.
- Provide advice to the Superintendent concerning the District’s:
- Budget and fiscal planning processes,
- Its use of best practices as provided by the Government Finance Officers Association(GFOA),
- Transparency with regard to District fiscal matters
All meetings are held from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m., at the NSD Administration. Meetings are currently being held the third Tuesday of the month. Remaining meetings:
- March 17
- April 21
- May 19
- June 16
All task force meetings are open to the public. Visitors are welcome to attend, and their interest in the process and roles as observers are appreciated. Please read the Visitor Protocol guidelines prior to attending. The FAC is a working task force whose recommendations are given to the Superintendent, cabinet or others to inform decisions involving the work of the school district.
There are currently 11 people on the FAC. The committee also includes an administrative assistant. The parent/community member positions are voluntary, appointed by the Superintendent and last for up to three years. Members