Financial Advisory Committee
The Northshore School District seeks applicants for the Financial Advisory Committee (FAC). The committee will analyze and study a variety of data and available information to help understand the district's budget, as well as state and federal budget parameters.
Background and experience that will be helpful include, but are not limited to:
- Background in Accounting, Business, or related fields
- Familiarity with budget reports, graphs, and other reporting tools
- Ability to analyze complex data or issues and objectively prioritize within a wide array of needs
- Effective listening skills and openness for all perspectives
- Ability to compromise and build consensus
- Effective communication skills
Residence within the Northshore School District is a requirement.
- Provide community and stakeholder perspective on budget priorities
- Communicate with and educate the public
- Provide benchmarking reports
- Provide feedback regarding concerns and commendations associated with the District's budget and finance issues
Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month, from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. The committee will determine if they would like to meet in person or remotely.
- November 15
- January 17
- February 21
- March 21
- April 18
- May 16
- June 20 (last day of school), committee may choose not to meet
All committee meetings are open to the public. Visitors are welcome to attend, and their interest in the process and roles as observers are appreciated. Please read the Visitor Protocol guidelines prior to attending.
This volunteer committee is comprised of parents, guardians, community members, association members and staff. Committee members are selected from those who apply based on achieving representation of the diversity in our community; a wide range of experience, perspective and geographic locations, as well as a commitment to attend all meetings. Residence within the Northshore School District is a requirement.
2022-23 School Year
|Bob Weede - Chair||Missy Heeb|
|Tim Brittell||Leandro Kaspary|
NSD Support Staff: Tracy Patterson, Mike Bailey, Jenna Valach, Christine Cash
- 2 year term cycle for community, parents, guardians, association and staff members
- Some members may agree to serve 3 years to allow for stability and consistency of new and experienced members
- Willingness to learn about school district budget requirements
- Committee will provide annual report to superintendent each June
Parent, guardians and community members are appointed by the superintendent through an application process. Typically the composition of the committee is:
- 7 Community Members, Parents and Guardians
- 4 Association Members
- District Support Staff
- The Chief Financial Officer will serve as the head of the committee