Financial Advisory Committee
The Northshore School District is reviewing applications for the Financial Advisory Committee (FAC) for the 2023-24 school year. Applicants will be notified the second week in October. The first meeting will be held on October 17, meeting schedule below. The committee will analyze and study a variety of data and available information to help understand the district's budget, as well as state and federal budget parameters.
Background and experience that will be helpful include, but are not limited to:
- Background in Accounting, Business, or related fields
- Familiarity with budget reports, graphs, and other reporting tools
- Ability to analyze complex data or issues and objectively prioritize within a wide array of needs
- Effective listening skills and openness for all perspectives
- Ability to compromise and build consensus
- Effective communication skills
Residence within the Northshore School District is a requirement.
Parent, guardians and community members are appointed by the superintendent through an application process. At full capacity, the committee is comprised of:
- 7 Community Members, Parents and Guardians
- 4 Association Members
- District Support Staff
- The Deputy Superintendent will serve as the head of the committee
- Provide community and stakeholder perspective on budget priorities
- Communicate with and educate the public
- Provide benchmarking reports
- Provide feedback regarding concerns and commendations associated with the District's budget and finance issues
Meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month, from 4:30 to 6:00 p.m. Committee meetings are held via Zoom.
- October 17
- November 20 (changed to Monday) - Agenda
- January 16
- February 13 (Feb 20, 3rd Tuesday is mid-winter break)
- March 19
- April 16
- May 21
- June 18
All committee meetings are open to the public. Visitors are welcome to attend, and their interest in the process and roles as observers are appreciated. Please read the Visitor Protocol Guidelines prior to attending. If you would like to attend, please contact Christine Cash and a Zoom link will be provided.
This volunteer committee is comprised of parents, guardians, community members, association members and staff. Committee members are selected from those who apply based on achieving representation of the diversity in our community; a wide range of experience, perspective and geographic locations, as well as a commitment to attend all meetings. Residence within the Northshore School District is a requirement.
2023-24 School Year Members
Jashoda Bothra, Silvia Eddings, Jasmine Fry, Missy Heeb, Robbi Reed, Rebecca Raymundo, Cheryl Stanford, Na Sun, Mike Zorn
NSD Support Staff: JoLynn Berge, Jenna Valach, Christine Cash
- 2 year term cycle for community, parents, guardians, association and staff members
- Some members may agree to serve 3 years to allow for stability and consistency of new and experienced members
- Willingness to learn about school district budget requirements
- Committee will provide annual report to superintendent each June