Free Internet Access through Ziply or Comcast/Xfinity
Having reliable connectivity to the internet is critical for your student’s success during distance learning. The state recognizes this need, and has partnered with Ziply Fiber and Comcast/Xfinity to create Washington’s K–12 Internet Access Program, which gives eligible families free internet access so your student can connect to online learning from home.
This internet access opportunity will provide you with faster, stronger and more reliable connectivity than hotspots or tethering to mobile devices, which will better support your student. If eligible, your free internet access is available through June 30, 2021.
To qualify for this program your household must meet the following criteria:
- Your child must be eligible for free or reduced-price meals during the 2020-21 school year.
- Your household had no internet connection in your home prior to August 2020. Note, if you accessed the internet through a hotspot or a mobile device, you still qualify for this program.
If your family qualified for free and reduced meals last school year, you must reapply for the 2020-21 school year. Additionally, if your family income has decreased, you may be eligible for free or reduced-price school meals. This eligibility includes many other great benefits. If you have questions about applying for free and reduced meals, please contact our Food Services Department at (425) 408-7657 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Through this program, you can receive free internet access from Ziply or Comcast/Xfinity. Your home may not be served by both providers. If you are unsure which provider services your residence, enter your address in the following coverage map or contact your leasing office or landlord.
You will need an access code when signing up with either Ziply or Comcast/Xfinity. Request a code by completing the online form below or leave a message with your name and number at (425) 408-7657. Food Services staff will contact you with the code.
If you were using a district-issued hotspot and have decided to set up this free internet access, please return your hotspot and charging cable/power adapter one of the following ways:
- Drop it off at any Northshore School District meal pick up location
- Return it with your library books at your Books on the Bus stop
- Contact your school’s main office to arrange a return
In addition to this opportunity to access free internet, it is important to submit your free and reduced meals application today so that you have access to other important benefits, such as the following:
- Reduced fee for Camp Cedar Springs
- Reduced fee for PSAT and Advanced Placement Testing
- Reduced fee for sports/athletics
- Reduced fee for summer school
- Access to Backpack Program, which provides backpacks and school supplies
- Access to Operation School Bell, which provides clothes and personal products
Please know that the number of eligible students for free and reduced price meals connects to the District’s Title I funding, which provides additional support at schools to help students succeed. If you have questions about applying for free and reduced meals, please contact our Food Services Department at (425) 408-7657 or by email at email@example.com.