Kenmore Middle School Sports Program
Students who are interested in participating in athletics at Kenmore Middle School must meet the eligibility requirements of the Washington Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA) and Kenmore Middle School. The Kenmore Middle School eligibility requirements can be found by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Practice concludes around 4:30pm. The Activity Bus is available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and will depart around 4:40p.m.
Kenmore Middle School Eligibility Requirements
Students may continue to turn in sports packets until such time as a team’s final roster is determined. The only students who will be placed on the sports eligibility lists will be those students who have complied with the following:
- Complete and return all forms to the main office.
- Obtain a sports physical. This is a Washington Interscholastic Athletic Association requirement and all student athletes must have one on file in the school office before participation, including try-outs and practice, No Exceptions. Physicals are valid for 2 years. It is the student’s responsibility to check on the expiration date with Mrs. Ashby in the main office. A physician must complete the school form.
- Purchase an ASB sticker in the amount of $30.00. All participants in sports or other extra-curricular activities must purchase this sticker.
- Pay the district participation fee, $100.
- Students must have a GPA of 2.0 as reported on the most recent grade report and pass 5 of 6 classes.
- Pay all outstanding fees/fines. Student will not be allowed to participate in games, meets or matches until ALL fees are paid.
Each sport holds practice after school on Mon., Tue., Thur., and Fri. (unless the coach decides otherwise), from 2:40 – 4:10. Please contact the coach if your student has a conflict with practice. Please note: We have activity buses running Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. Transportation home from practice and games is the responsibility of the parent.
More information or downloadable forms and schedules can be found at the Northshore School District Athletics page.
6th Grade Girls Soccer
Effective immediately, Kenmore Middle School will be expanding athletic opportunities for 6th grade students during the 2017-18 school year. Although the fall season has begun, we will be adding an opportunity for 6th grade girls to participate in a modified soccer season beginning immediately. If your student desires to participate in soccer, all athletic eligibility requirements need to be completed prior to actual participation. The link for requirements and forms can be found through the online Family ID system.
All 6th grade soccer athletes will practice with 7th & 8th grade teams and will play 6th grade teams from other schools beginning October 5. The sports fee for this modified season will be $50.00. Students also have to purchase an ASB card. Interscholastic athletics are open to all District students regardless of ability to pay. Scholarships are available for sports fees and ASB cards; contact the main office.
Northshore Athletic Fields
Kenmore Middle School