Keeping Our Facilities Safe
Cleaning, Sanitizing and Disinfecting Facilities
Cleaning and disinfection protocols for a probable case of COVID-19 will comply with CDC recommendations. Access to areas visited by a probable case of COVID-19 will be restricted until cleaning and disinfection is completed.
General Interior Cleaning
Includes: Offices, Lobbies, Auditorium, Gym, Classrooms, and Stairwells.
- Disinfection of all areas between student groups
- Daily cleaning and sanitization of all general areas
- Daily cleaning and sanitization of all drinking fountains
- Clean and sanitize all high touch surfaces. Door handles and knobs, light switches, desk tops, tables, pencil sharpeners, phones. (Computer keyboards, mouse, electronic equipment will not be cleaned by custodial staff. Disinfecting wipes will be supplied in all areas to allow disinfection of electronic equipment.)
Restroom, Locker and Health Room Cleaning
Daily Service (5 days per week)
- Daily sweep and damp mop all floors with Virex II disinfecting solution, vacuum carpeted areas.
- Daily clean and disinfect all wash basins, urinals, toilet bowls and locker room benches using Virex II disinfectant.
- Daily damp wipe with Virex II disinfectant all flush valves, piping, hinges, faucets and other devices.
- Daily damp wipe with Virex II disinfectant all partitions, shower stalls and doors, walls, floor drains, tile walls, sinks counters, receptacles, shelves, metal doors, and light switch fixtures.
- Daily empty and damp wipe trash receptacle with Virex II disinfectant. Replace liners daily.
- Daily clean and disinfect all entry doors, handles, push and kick plates.
- Health Rooms: disinfect as needed.
Cafeteria, Kitchen and Dishwashing Areas
- Food preparation areas are disinfected daily using products approved for those areas.
- Daily empty, clean and sanitize all waste receptacles and replace liners. Return receptacles to their prior position.
- Daily clean and sanitize all sumps and drains.
- Daily wet mop all hard surface floors with VirexII disinfectant.
- Daily clean and sanitize all high touch surfaces with EPA registered disinfectant. Door handles and knobs, light switches, and tables.