Childcare During COVID-19 Closure
Northshore School District has partnered with Champions and Northshore YMCA to support families experiencing childcare hardships during the time all district schools are closed due to the coronavirus health crisis.
As directed by Governor Inslee and Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), childcare provisions will prioritize health care personnel, first responders, grocery workers and other essential workforce.
- Childcare is available Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM.
- Students can attend based on family needs - daily or weekly options available.
- First responders and health care personnel are provided free care during this emergency school closure time period.
- Other essential workforce families, childcare cost is $45 per day or $225 per week for both providers. Scholarships are available upon request.
- Daily lunch is provided through the Northshore School District Food Services department.
- Children will also receive a breakfast meal to take up for the next morning.
- Childcare partners will well check students and parents/guardians including taking temporal body temperature before allowing entrance into the site. If a student appears to be unwell or registers a temperature greater than 99F, they will not be admitted for childcare.
- Students will be separated into groups of ten and kept in distinct spaces throughout care. Multiple spaces within each site will be opened to allow for the social distancing recommended by the Department of Health guidelines.
- Childcare partners will be required to clean their supplies daily and/or between student use. Northshore School District provides an EPA approved cleanser for use at the site. Northshore School District custodial staff will disinfect the entire childcare site using EPA approved cleanser each day.
For questions regarding childcare, please email Cathi Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org