Weather & Emergency Information
Emergencies and weather-related problems can alter school schedules and affect bus transportation for students.The district uses an automated message system to quickly send alerts to families. In the event of a school or district emergency, the district will likely call (Morning calls will be made before 6 a.m., if possible.) and send text messages as well as emailing and sending an app notification. The system only works if your contact numbers and emails are current in the student information system. Please update your contact information annually with your child’s school. You may also download our mobile app. Instructions are available on our mobile app webpage.
If no schedule change information is posted, schools and buses are on their regular schedules.
Find Out ImmediatelyBelow are ways to find out if school will be delayed or closed:
- Local radio and television stations provide school information on a continuing basis beginning around 6 a.m. Since conditions vary from one district to another, it is very important to listen for mention of Northshore School District #417.
- Emergency Message System FlashAlert.net
- Look under the News & Updates section of the District Homepage
- Northshore School District Information Line 425.408.6001
- Your school's main number; when the voice mail service answers, press "9"
Emergency/Inclement Weather Make-Up DaysIf emergency/inclement weather school closures occur, make-up days will be added to the end of the school year.