To register to vote in the state of Washington, you must be:
- A citizen of the United States
- A legal resident of Washington state
- At least 18 years old by election day
- Not under the authority of the Department of Corrections
- You must also fill out a voter registration form. Forms are available online in multiple languages at the Secretary of State Website.
To be eligible to vote, you must be registered to vote at least 29 days in advance of an election. If registering by mail, your application must be postmarked by the 29-day cutoff or it will not become effective until after the election.
If you are a new voter to the state of Washington, you can register in person at your county auditor's office up to eight days before the election.
For more information on voter registration, please contact:
King County Elections Office, 206.296.8683
Snohomish County Elections and Voter Registration Office, 425.388.3444