My School Menus - New Interactive Menu
Food Services announces the new My School Menus, an interactive tool that provides the ability to filter food choices by allergens and several other useful tools. Please visit the Menus and Nutritional Analysis
page to access the interactive menu.
School Lunch Program
Northshore School District is part of the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs. All schools offer breakfast and lunch. Menus are available online along with nutritional information.
We serve meals that are convenient, economical and healthy to our students daily. Our menus are designed to provide good nutrition, variety and best service possible for your children. We continually look for new menu items to offer.
Changes to School Meals Better for Students
The United States Department of Agriculture issued updated nutritional requirements for the National School Breakfast and Lunch Programs starting in the 2012-13 school year. The changes are based on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. These new nutritional guidelines are great news for our students because they support our school nutrition team's efforts to create healthier meals.
School meals now offer:
- A variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, many locally sourced
- Whole grain rich foods, such as bread, pasta, rice and tortillas
- Low-fat milk, water and 100% fruit and vegetable juices
- Lower fat, sugar and salt (sodium) options
Major school meal changes
What's Happening in School Foods is distributed to all Northshore families.
- Students will be required to take a serving of fruit and/or vegetable
- Meals will vary in size to meet calorie needs based on grade levels (K-5, 6-8, 9-12)
- Meals will feature a greater variety and more servings of fruits and vegetables highlighting dark green, vibrant red/orange vegetables and legumes/beans
- More whole grain foods will be available
- Plain low-fat or fat-free milk or flavored fat-free milk will be available
- Saturated fat will be reduced and all meals will contain 0 grams of trans fats
- Salt (sodium) will be reduced in all meals