Graduates need to arrive at Bothell High School by 1:30 pm to board the buses to Comcast Arena. Buses will leave promptly at 2:00 pm.
Senior Memories Video - order form
We are proud to honor the Class of 2012 at our graduation ceremony on Wednesday, June 13, 3:30 PM at Comcast Arena, Everett Events Center. In recognizing 13 years of academic perseverance and achievement, graduation symbolizes a milestone in the lives of students, parents, families, and friends. The Commencement Committee has planned a first-class event for Bothell High School.
Please reinforce with your student, and be mindful yourself, that graduation is a formal ceremony. Celebrations and parties should take place after, not during the event. We want to be able to give each graduate a moment in the spotlight free from distraction caused by noisemakers such as air horns, cowbells, or catcalls from the audience.
In keeping with the formal nature of a first class ceremony, we ask that attire as well as behavior be appropriate for the occasion. Dress shirts and slacks for men and dresses, skirts, or dress pants and blouses for women are appropriate (no shorts, jeans, tennis shoes, sandals or basic beach attire). It is expected that members of the audience model the same behavior and attire as the graduates. This is a consideration symbolic of the honoring of the Class of 2012 as they participate in such a significant event in their lives.
This is what you can expect at the ceremony:
• Graduates, in keeping with Bothell High tradition, will be attired in all blue.
• Graduates will be allowed to march with three friends of their choice during the processional.
• Students will be seated and diplomas will be presented to students in alphabetical order so that parents, families and friends will be able to follow a prescribed pattern and enhance their ability to acknowledge their graduate's position in the ceremony.
• A professional photographer will take a photo of each graduate as they are presented with their diploma. A proof will be sent to you and you may order copies if you wish. You are under no obligation to purchase these photos.
• Graduates will have ample time to change and leave for the Senior Party after the ceremony. The buses for the party will leave at approximately __:__.
• Tickets are required for admission. Each student will receive four (4) and will need to purchase additional tickets if necessary.
We realize this message is coming to you far in advance of the graduation ceremony, but we hope that this letter gives you information that helps you and your student plan for the ceremony. Please assist us in conducting a first class ceremony worthy of the Class of 2012.
Please remember that all fines, fees and obligations must be cleared prior to purchasing breakfast tickets, commencement tickets, receiving yearbooks, and cap and gown. Seniors owing fines will not be allowed to participate in the ceremony. Further information on senior activities is included in the Class of 2012 Timeline mailed previously.
Sincerely, Colleen Altermott and Maraget Jacobson, Bob Stewart Senior Class Advisors, Principal
Flowers will be available at Graduation-cash only