Principals' Meeting: August 17, 2011
Print friendly update
· August 22-25, 8:00 Keynote each day.
· Teachers need to bring Teacher's Manual and Toolkit to Benchmark training.
· Words Their Way books and Writing will be checked out at BHS library.
· Encourage new teachers to take the IRR 101 class at the Institute Monday 8:30-10:00 or Wed. 1:00-2:30.
· Each teacher will collect stickers from each class they take to account for clock hours and if they want the hours to apply to the IQ 18 hours.
· Provide names of one primary and one intermediate teacher who will act as the literacy leads for your school.
· Kick-off Meeting- Wednesday, September 28 from 4:00-5:30
· Will provide planning information for the October visit from Benchmark Literacy at the meeting.
· E-mail or call Amy, Elementary Support Specialist firstname.lastname@example.org if you have curriculum orders or questions regarding materials.
· K-1 writing materials will be delayed until shortly after the start of the year. Materials for Institute training will be provided.
· Spanish materials for Dual Language will be sent in September.
· LC and CLC materials should be delivered by the end of this week.
Split/Combination Class Teacher Meeting
· 1/2 Day problem solving meeting, Thursday, September 29, 12:30-3:30
· E-mail to be sent to teachers with sub code.
NEW Second Grade Reading Test- Training
· Our new 2nd grade OSPI Reading Test is EasyCBM a very short individualized screening test.
· Training is offered at the Summer Institute or through a Webinar on Sept. 7.
August Advance Follow-up
· Zoomerang survey will arrive soon for all attendees.
· All materials up on the Teacher Leadership site.
· Show the overview video in August or early September to all staff.