Charitable Giving Campaign 2012
"It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life, that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Dear Northshore Colleagues,
Over the past year, it seems that every passing day has brought additional stories in the news about families across our region facing ever more challenging economic times. From increasing prices for food and fuel, to home foreclosures, to rising unemployment, more families are struggling to make ends meet.
In times such as this, our individual and collective generosity takes on added importance. Again this year, the Northshore Charitable Giving Campaign offers each of us the opportunity to make a positive difference in our community. Our one-time or payroll deduction gifts enable our partnering agencies to provide the services relied upon by so many. As an organization whose success depends largely on the strength and generosity of our community, the Charitable Giving Campaign offers each of us an opportunity to return that generosity and keep our community strong and vibrant.
This year's partnering agencies include: Citizens for Northshore Schools, The Kiwanis Club of Northshore/NSD Backpacks for Kids Campaign, Northshore Schools Foundation, Northshore YMCA Annual Giving Campaign, Coalition for Charitable Choice (10 Federations), United Way of King County, and United Way of Snohomish County. In addition, staff can designate a one-time gift or payroll deduction to any 501 (c) 3 charity of their choosing.
The Charitable Giving Campaign runs October 22 through November 2. During that time, volunteers will be providing information about the campaign to your school or department. I encourage you to review the information carefully, ask any questions you may have, and consider participating at whatever level may be possible for you. Every gift, no matter how large or small, benefits the kids and families of our community. Thank you for your consideration.
Click here to view a list of 2012 Charitable Giving Campaign partners
Click here to view the partner booklet
Click here to view instructions for completing the pledge form
Two ways to give:
1. Giving by personal check to any specific 501 (c) 3 non-profit charity? Use the section for one-time gift(s). Write as many checks as you wish. Need more room? Simply attach a list with your checks. Remember to give the mailing address for your charity, as we will mail your check directly to the charity listed.
2. Giving by payroll deduction to one of our partnering organizations or a specific 501 (c) 3 non-profit charity? Use the two parts of Section 2 for monthly payroll deductions. You may give to a maximum of three organizations and your minimum monthly deduction is $5.00 each.
- Mark your choices in Section A if giving to one of the participating organizations, funds or federations.
- Mark your choices in Section B if you are giving to any specific 501 ( C ) 3 non-profit charity, whether they are or are not associated with one of our partnering organizations.
- List you monthly dollar totals in Section C and sign on the authorization line in Section D .
- If you are donating to Citizens for Northshore Schools via payroll deduction, please complete and return a Political Withholding form with your pledge form.
Return your pledge form to your campaign coordinator by November 4, 2011.