| |Why Work at Northshore?
- Our strategic plan sets clear standards.
- Innovation and creativity are encouraged.
- The growth and satisfaction of employees are key to our success.
Working at Northshore gives you the opportunity to make a difference in one of society's most challenging responsibilities THE EDUCATION OF CHILDREN. We invite you to JOIN OUR TEAM!
Who Are We?
- We are recognized as one of the leading school districts in the Northwest.
- Our schools serve nearly 19,000 students in three high schools, six junior highs, twenty elementaries, alternative junior and senior high schools, a home school program, and an early childhood center with preschool and Head Start classes.
- Our professional staff consists of more than 1,200 educators and a support staff of more than 900 classified employees.
- Our schools have some of the highest test scores among the state's largest school districts.
- The average pupil-teacher ratio is 25:1 at the elementary level and 28:1 at the secondary level.
- We offer a comprehensive Technology Plan covering all Northshore facilities, including more than 7,500 computers with Internet access.
- Northshore high schools have one of the lowest dropout rates in Washington state.
- Northshore School District is proud that nearly 80% of our high school graduates enroll in higher education.
- We offer a wide range of in-district staff development programs and college credit classes.
What is Our Strategic Plan?
- Focus on Student Learning To ensure a strong foundation in academics, thinking, and the application of knowledge and skills for all students.
- Establish High Standards of Performance To consistently demonstrate respect, pride, and quality work throughout the Northshore School District.
- Provide High Quality Support Systems To demonstrate high standards of efficiency and effectiveness throughout the District.
- Communications and Community Involvement To ensure positive district-community relations and partnerships contribute to student learning.
Depending on your employment status you may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, dental, orthodontic, vision, and prescription drug coverage.
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance.
- Employee assistance program.
- Provision for illness, emergency and personal leaves.
- Staff development and inservice opportunities available during the year.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and growth opportunities, but also an environment conducive of excellent teaching, learning, and support.