Contact Numbers for SAS
Main Office Secretary (425)-408-6600
Principal- Donna Tyo (425)-408-6605
Vice Principal- Tony Olney (425)-408-6604
Attendance Line (425)-408-6610
Snow Line (425)-408-6001
Counselor- Laurie Broulette (425)-408-6620
Counselor- Kjerstin Lee (425)-408-6621
Nurse- Janelle Tremaine (425)-408-6606
Community Service- Judy Ellis (425)-408-6633
SAS Fax (425)-408-6602
Information Emergencies such as snow, ice, thawing roads, power outages, and other weather-related problems can alter school schedules and affect bus transportation for students. Early dismissals due to emergency situations. will occur only if a delay in dismissal significantly increases hazards. In the event an early dismissal is required, it is important that you have a plan for your child(ren). Parents can visit Northshore's website, www.nsd.org, call the district information line, 425-408-6001, or their school's main number and select option "9", to determine school status. Most radio stations and television stations broadcast information regarding operation of Northshore Schools during inclement weather. The following radio stations provide school information on a continuing basis from beginning at about 6 a.m. if conditions deteriorate: AM Stations: KCIS (630), KIRO (710), KIXI (880), KOMO (1000), and KRKO (1380) FM Stations: KPLU (88.5), KSER (90.7), KUBE (93.3), KMPS (94.1), KIRO (97.3), KMTT (103.7), KCMS (105.3), KRWM (106.9) If Northshore #417 is not mentioned during the newscast, it means the schools are operating normally. If Northshore is mentioned during the newscast, one of the following situations will be announced:
1. Northshore schools are closed. No classes or before or after-school activities will be held. A make-up day will be scheduled.
2. Northshore junior and senior high schools will open 60 minutes late, and elementary schools will open 90 minutes late. Secondary buses should arrive at their stops about 60 minutes later than normal with elementary buses to their stops about 90 minutes later than normal.
3. Northshore junior and senior high schools schools will open 60 minutes late, and elementary schools will open 90 minutes late. Buses will operate on Limited Routes. Same as #2, except that buses will operate on major arterials which have been cleared or plowed. Send your children to areas previously designated by the bus drivers for limited pick-up. See www.nsd.org, for a list of Limited Routes.
4. Northshore schools will open on time. Buses will operate on Limited Routes. Buses will operate on major arterials which have been cleared or plowed. Send your children to areas previously designated by the bus drivers for limited pick-up. See www.nsd.org, for a list of Limited Routes.
5. Northshore schools will open on time. There is no bus transportation. Classes are in session, but there will be no bus service. Students must rely on private vehicles. Futher details on these five options are contained at the bottom of the district's homepage, www.nsd.org