Emergencies and weather-related problems can alter school schedules and affect bus transportation for students.
Families will receive a telephone message from the district if there is a change to the school schedule. (Morning calls will be made before 6 a.m.) Families who do not want the interruption of an early morning or evening inclement weather call can opt out of receiving them by contacting the Communications Department at 425.408.7670. You will still receive general announcement and emergency phone calls.
If no schedule change information is posted, schools and buses are on their regular schedules.
Find Out Immediately
Below are ways to find out if school will be delayed or closed:
- Local radio and television stations provide school information on a continuing basis beginning around 6 a.m. Since conditions vary from one district to another, it is very important to listen for mention of Northshore School District #417.
- Emergency Message System FlashAlert.net
- Look under the News & Updates section of the District Homepage
- Northshore School District Information Line 425.408.6001
- Your school's main number; when the voice mail service answers, press "9"
Emergency/Inclement Weather Make-Up Days
If emergency/inclement weather school closures occur, make-up days will be added to the end of the school year.