Your collaboration is important to us in Northshore. Why?
Education really is a job for everyone! We believe that now, more than ever, we need our community to be involved in the education of our children. By having community representatives and parents in our schools who actively assist us with our educational priorities, we know our schools and kids will benefit. As the 17th century African proverb advises, "It takes a whole village to raise a child" we believe that our children will have a distinct advantage if they have an opportunity to know and understand many more people within our growing Northshore "village". We also know the importance of partnering with everyone to help us give students the relationships, guidance and opportunities they need to grow up healthy.
Our Partnership Objectives:
- To pair public schools with public or private businesses, organizations and agencies to form a uniquely fitted program that helps improve students' achievement.
- To acquaint the community with the specific skills required for teaching.
- To develop activities that broaden academic or cultural backgrounds.
- To assist student, staff or community members by strengthening specific skills.
- To expand students' knowledge of career options through mentorships and internships.
- To provide mentors/role models to build students' self-esteem.
- To provide recognition for improvement and achievement.