Northshore Community Schools partners to provide supportive learning opportunities for all students to achieve their full potential and build a strong a community.
Vision Statement: All students discover the pathways to their future and share their gifts with the world.
Because we value students and families, we believe in:
- Shared responsibility
- College and career readiness
- Equitable access and opportunities
- Comprehensive education
- Accountability and responsiveness
- Families are engaged to support their child’s full potential.
- Students are on track for graduation and building a plan for college and career.
- Students and families have opportunities to pursue their interests.
- Community and school are interconnected.
Northshore Community Schools offer:
Hang-Time: A free after-school program held at Northshore, Kenmore and Skyview junior high schools. Hang-Time is a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where students are encouraged to learn and discover new talents, participate in enrichment and fitness activities, complete homework, and increase their connection to school and community. Hang-Time meets each Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, 2:45 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. in the schools' cafeterias.
Mentoring Support: College and community mentors support the learning environment in classroom and small group settings during and after school. Teachers and mentors work together to improve students’ academic skills, sense of belonging and confidence.
Guidance Teams: This collaborative team meets regularly to identify and implement solution focused strategies and resources to address needs of students and families. By utilizing the skills and experiences of individual team members, the quality of interventions are enhanced.