Please click here
for information regarding transportation for students on a approved waiver.
Waiver Application Date:
- Waivers for the 2017-18 school year:
- Grades 1-12 will be accepted through the end of the 2017- 18 school year.
- Kindergarten: June 23, 2017
- Waivers for the 2018-19 school year:
- Grades 1-12 - anytime after January 8, 2018
- Kindergarten - June 23, 2018
Kindergarten Waiver Information:
- All Kindergarten students must be enrolled at their home school - waivers will be accepted beginning June 23, 2017
- All kindergarten waivers are for one year only and does not guarantee continuation to 1st grade at that school.
- Kindergarten waivers may be accepted at closed schools for
kindergarten year only, in order to fill kindergarten classes. These
waivers will not be approved until late August or early September. The
school principal makes the final determination to accept/deny waiver
students. Students will have to go back to their neighborhood school for
1st grade or parents may submit a waiver to a school that is open.
General Waiver Information
NEW Important information regarding 2017-18 waivers and registration:
- Middle school and high school students who live in the NSD service area, please register at the school where you have a submitted and approved waiver. If you do not have an approved waiver, you will need to register at your home school.
- Middle school and high school students that live outside of the NSD service area, please register for your requested school after you have an approved waiver.
- Schools may be closed to waivers based on space availability either by school wide capacity or by grade level capacity.
- In order to make sure that schools were at correct enrollment numbers, meet the expectations of boundary changes, and to implement grade configuration, WHS had to be closed so that we have the correct number of students at their service area schools.
- EAP Students - Once you have accepted your EAP placement, you must register at the school you were placed at. You do have the option of submitting a waiver to another EAP school, please be aware that these waivers will not be reviewed until Summer.
Students placed in the Elementary Advanced Placement (EAP)
- Submission of waiver does not guarantee approval.
- Schools are closed to waivers when there is an enrollment capacity issue.
- No out-of-district waivers will be considered at a closed school.
- Applications will be considered on a space available basis.
- All out-of-district waivers are for one year only. Families will need to reapply every year.
- If a family moves out of their child’s service area school boundary or choice program feeder boundary and would like to remain in the former school(s), the parent/guardian must complete a waiver request following procedures outlined in School Board 3131P.
- When the new boundary adjustments are implemented in the 2017-18 school year, these existing 2011-12 approved waivers will default to the pre-2017-18 feeder patterns. These would be students entering grades 7-12 in the 2017-18 school year.
- You may submit a waiver to attend the alternate EAP School, on a space availability basis.
- Siblings will be considered at the placed/requested school, provided there is space available.
For information regarding your students waiver, please select the year that your students in-district waiver was approved.